Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services
Posted April 4, 2013 in Entrees, Snapper
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups macadamia nuts, finely chopped
- salt, to taste
- ground black pepper, to taste
- 6 (6-ounce) snapper fillets
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- Place flour in shallow plate.
- Whisk eggs in small bowl until blended.
- Place macadamia nuts on another shallow plate.
- Sprinkle fish with salt and pepper.
- Coat fillets with flour; dip into egg mixture then coat fillets with macadamia nuts.
- Heat oil in a heavy large skillet over medium heat.
- Place fillets in skillet; cook 4 minutes per side until golden brown and opaque in center.
- Serve with jasmine rice.