Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services
Snapper and Shrimp Scampi
Posted April 16, 2013 in Entrees, Snapper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 shallots, minced
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1 tablespoon pimento, diced
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup bottled clam juice
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 4 (6-ounce) snapper fillets
- 1/2 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, minced
- sea salt to taste
- 12 ounces vermicelli or angel hair pasta, cooked
- Heat the oil and butter in a large sauté pan.
- Add garlic and shallots and sauté for 2 minutes over low heat, stirring often.
- Raise heat to medium, add capers, pimento, wine, clam juice and pepper; simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add fillets and simmer over medium-low heat for about 5 minutes.
- Add shrimp, spreading them evenly over the skillet; simmer for 3 minutes until fillets and shrimp are cooked through.
- Stir in parsley; add salt to taste.
- Place fillets and shrimp on pasta on individual plates.
- Spoon scampi sauce over all and serve.