Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services
Posted April 3, 2013 in Entrees, Snapper
- 4 (6-ounce) snapper fillets
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon dried hot pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1 cup fish stock or bottled clam juice
- parsley for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a skillet over medium heat, roast cumin and coriander seeds and pepper flakes for 2-3 minutes until fragrant.
- Remove from heat; grind spices in a spice grinder or with a mortar and pestle.
- Rub spice mix on the fillets.
- Let stand 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl, toss together the garlic, onion, tomatoes, raisins and pine nuts.
- Spoon 1/2 of this vegetable mixture into a greased flat ovenproof dish; place fillets on the vegetable layer.
- Top the fillets with remaining 1/2 of the vegetable mixture.
- Pour fish stock or clam juice over fillets.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes until fillets are cooked through.
- Garnish with parsley.