Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services
Florida Yellowfin Tuna with Pepper Garlic Crust
Posted April 16, 2013 in Entrees, Tuna
- 4 (8-ounce) tuna steaks, 1 (½-inch) thick
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 tablespoon crushed black peppercorns
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and chopped
- Season the tuna steaks with salt and crushed black peppercorns.
- Heat oil in a skillet over high heat; add garlic and brown.
- Add tuna steaks and sear to desired doneness.
- Cook 2 minutes on each side for rare center; 3 to 5 minutes each side for medium center; 5 to 8 minutes each side for well-done center.