Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services
Posted March 31, 2013 in Starters, Sides, Entrees
- 2 ½ cups Florida cabbage, shredded
- 12 egg roll wrappers
- 2 medium Florida carrots, peeled and shredded
- 2 cups Florida mushrooms, diced
- 1 bunch green onions, sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh grated ginger or 1 teaspoon dried
- nonstick cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch (divided)
- 1/2 cup water (divided)
- 1 cup water chestnuts, chopped (optional)
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- your favorite dipping sauce
- Spray a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of the cornstarch into 1/4 cup water and set aside.
- Lightly spray large sauté pan with cooking spray and warm over low heat.
- Add cabbage, carrots, mushrooms, water chestnuts and ginger to the sauté pan.
- Cook for 5 to 7 minutes or just until vegetables start to get slightly tender.
- Stir in cornstarch mixture and soy sauce. Cook until the sauce thickens.
- Let vegetable mixture completely cool and add green onions.
- Dissolve the remaining tablespoon of cornstarch in 1/4 cup water. Brush onto egg roll wrappers and fill with vegetables and wrap according to the directions on the egg roll package.
- Bake in a preheated 350-degree oven for 15 minutes or until brown.
- Serve hot with dipping sauce.